Published Version History

In spite of my best efforts, I occasionally publish an app update without realizing I’ve created a bug and would like to be able to rollback to the prior published version to save myself. To do this, I’d like to be able to see my Publish history (not saved versions history, just published) as a list sorted by publish time desc.

For example, I recently published a new feature that caused a KeyError during a corner case where an older deprecated version of a stored object was encountered, and I would have liked to “rollback” to the last published version to give myself time to fix the issue. Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out which version was last published because there were so many earlier versions in there.

My temporary solution is naming saved versions that I publish something like “2019-08-14 - PUBLISHED” but this is a really fragile workaround.

Is there a better solution or feature that I’ve not found?

2 Likes

I use the git functionality for this. The master branch gives the published history and I can revert to any commit on that branch in order to rollback an error.