Possible bug - Label component is not accepting changes

Label component is not accepting changes. Other forms in the same app appear to work normally.

Definitely looks like a bug!

We’ve seen this before when components are copy-pasted and somehow end up with the same name as another component. Has this happened in your case?

Would you be able to share a clone link (it’s a difficult one to reproduce independently)?

I will try for a clone but it is a little hard to do that at the moment. I will check the component names.

Here is a clone. You can see the only form will not accept changes to the properties of the label component. Yes, this initially occurred when copying components from other forms.

https://anvil.works/build#clone:ZBKKMRNQOJQDGWCE=VSCUYJY7AVNZMZVMYAWTQXQC

That looks like a similar thing to the other bug I mentioned, only worse because when I add new components to the page, they have problems being updated as well.

When I change a property, go into the Code view and back into the Design view, the property updates - but obviously that’s not ideal.

You could work around it by creating a new Form and re-writng the old Form - although obviously you don’t want to do to that extra effort.

I’ve raised an issue in our tracker and we’ll take a look when we’re on a bug hunt. Thanks for the good reproduction case.

No problem. I have already created a completely new app to work around that issue but did not want to leave the issue hanging here. Good luck and thanks for the response.