Issue with using Custom HTML form as a custom component?

Getting back to Anvil after too long a break, and I find that I’m having some issues when using a custom HTML form as a custom component. Specifically, when I add a custom component into a form on the designer, the designer seems to go haywire. It’s hard to describe. Here’s a clone that shows the effect:

https://anvil.works/build#clone:LQ7ZY27WASBURVY7=ABCJMM6FQCYUMNQHJBEDZDVW

Right now the clone is in a good state. To show the issue, go to Form1 in the designer and drag over the CustomHTML form into the flow layout on Form1. The issue only seems to happen when you put it into the flow layout.

This has worked for me on projects in the past. Those projects now all exhibit the same behavior in the designer.

The issue seems to be related to the visible property not being found on custom HTML components. At least, that’s the error that shows when I try to run the apps that used to work. Note that the error doesn’t appear if the custom HTML component is dropped onto Form1 below the form layout. It’s only if it’s in the form layout. I haven’t tested other sorts of layouts to see if they also bug.

Thanks for the report, I can reproduce this. Moving to Bug Reports and raising a ticket in our tracker.

We’ve now identified and fixed the issue - the fix will go live tomorrow morning.

1 Like

I can confirm that my apps are now working. Thanks for the fast response!