Is the Users Service a Pro feature?

I didn’t think so, because I believe I am already using it in an app with my free account. If I am right, though, this part of the reference docs is out of date: https://anvil.works/doc/#-div-id-anvil_pro-anvil-service-plans-div-

Well spotted! Yes, the Users Service is available on the Free Plan. The Uplink is as well. Next time we release, the docs will have these bits updated :slight_smile:

I’d like to pretend this was an Easter egg to check if people are paying attention, but no…

Thanks! I’m happy to hear that about Uplink as well!

I’m someone who played with QBasic (and programming my TI-83) back in the day but haven’t otherwise done much programming beyond a first-year CS sequence and some basic numerical stuff with Matlab/Fortran for my (econ) research, until venturing into Python recently. It was so exciting over the weekend to realize I could build a little web app I’d been dreaming about without having to learn Javascript or whatever server-side stuff (where I don’t even understand yet what I would need to learn). This is just to say, huge thanks for making Anvil available!

1 Like

Matlab/Fortran - takes me back to my computational physics days :smiley:

1 Like