Impossible to drag 2 components side by side after dropping them into a new form

Here is a little bug report that reproduces after pasting components into a new form.

1. Create a new “Blank Panel” form
  2. Drop two buttons on the form and make sure they are side by side on the same row at the top of the form
  3. Select the two buttons and press Ctrl+C to copy them to the clipboard
  4. Create another new “Blank Panel” form
  5. Press Ctrl+V to paste the 2 buttons into the new form

At this point the two buttons are one above the other, not side by side, and they are placed in the order they were selected (if you selected button_2 first, now button_2 is above button_1).

Feature request: I would love to see the pasted components to be located just like they were in their original form. Sometimes it can be very difficult to replicate the original layout. Sometimes duplicating the whole form can help, but then you need to spend time undoing stuff rather than redoing it.

1. Drag button_1 on the right of button_1

Bug report: This doesn’t work. It’s impossible to drag any of the pasted components and get them to stay side by side.

The workaround is easy: after step 4 (or 5, or 6), drag a component to the form and delete it. It looks like adding and removing a component to the form from the toolbox does some initialization that allows it to properly manage pasted components.

I’ve been able to recreate the bug (thanks to your very clear steps!), so I’ve moved this to Bug Reports. We’ll get that fixed and update this thread.