Import forms from other projects for editing

When creating a new form, I’d like the option to clone a form from another project (one that has been flagged as cloneable)

This differs from adding dependencies in that the form would be completely native to the app it was cloned into, editable in the IDE, and would have no link back to its origin from.

I know I can do this using copy & paste, but I do it so often it would be a great time saver.

1 Like

This is the sort of thing I do easily with Git integration. This gives me a local mirror of the files and folders Anvil maintains, in my PC’s own file system.

Within my file system, it’s trivial to copy the relevant file(s) from one project to the other. Do this a few times, and you’ve easily saved enough programmer time to pay for installing and setting up your own local Git utilities.

I must be doing something wrong with git, I keep messing things up.

Guess i need to actually sit down and learn it …

Git made so much more sense to me after I watched this video. He explains how committing, branching etc. work by actually constructing a model of a repo out of childrens’ toys - hence the title, Git For Ages 4 And Up.

1 Like