Helping My Community Hospital

Hi. I’m trying to help my local community hospital professionals stay current while facing down the healthcare tsunami that is covid-19

cpd.sjchmiu.online

I love them and I love Anvil.works :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I have thought long asking myself if and how I could help with some kind of app here in Italy, but in the end I didn’t find an idea with some promising impact.
Another thought I had is that in these critical days one must be very careful.
Any unofficial action, not approved nor provided by official channels, can distract people and make them lose focus from the official ones, and I am not sure if this is helpful or harmful.

I don’t even think at medical topics, which are super-critical nowadays, but for example I was thinking at some way to crowd-micro-finance people, since here in Italy some - who cannot work because of the lockdown - are really running short of money to buy food.
For them, I was thinking at building with Anvil some sort of money marketplace, where lenders sign-up and establish their “giving capacity” (one-time or recurrent) and needers could as well sign-up and enroll.
The platform would not actually move money, to avoid all complexities and legalities of the matter, but just put in contact lenders and needers, who would arrange by themselves, using the platform just to exchange messages and information and have all tracked there.
This would be intentionally left super-simple because last thing people need now is bureaucracy, but I understand this would leave an open field to scammers and jackals.
And the last thing i want is to be aimed as the one who developed a platform for COVID-19 scammers and jackals.
So in the end I did nothing.

That said, if you or someone else have some promising idea on this subject, I’d be very happy to put in some work.

Go for it, Aldo. Don’t wait for permission from “officials” - better to do something. Anything.

I Agree that any service offering should be valid, reliable & credible. Especially medical sites. I’m a senior front line medical Doctor

again now that the government have mobilised me from retirement back into the NHS. I get quite cross when erroneous and

potentially harmful health claims circulate on the internet.

Being in sync with national guidelines and using evidence-based medicine is crucial. Most of the intended users of my site

know me & trust me, so proving my bonafides is less of an issue. I take your point though.

My heart goes out to all Italians. The situation in the North seems to very challenging. I expect it to be the same for

the UK, in the next two to three weeks.

Stay safe.

1 Like