[FIXED] Google app_files not working

Hi all,

I had an app that was accessing a Google drive file through the “Access files from your Google Drive” section of the Google API that was working on Friday. As of yesterday, the app stopped working (throwing an error that the Google access key had expired).

I tried to remove the Google API from my Anvil app and re-add the app_file, but now, when I try to sign in to Google, the pop-up window jumps back to the Anvil homepage (at the URL https://anvil.works/?reset-origin ) instead of logging in and allowing me to access my Google drive files.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
AJ

Hi,

Sorry about this – this is a bug, related to a security fix that we pushed a few days ago. I’m moving this to Bug Reports, and I’ll keep you updated as we get it fixed.

Update: That issue should now be fixed, and Google registration working. Can you check it again?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick fix! The Google app_files now seem to be working again.

1 Like

I have now similar problem…when I want to add App file, it tells me “to begin first sign with Google”, I sign in and it takes me to the Anvil homepage.

@meredydd I am also having the same issue again. The app files in my previous app are still working, but I tried to add an app file in a new application and I was kicked back to the Anvil homepage.

Did something change in the Google code?

1 Like

Hi all,

I’d like to apologise for this – we accidentally introduced a regression (long story short, we tripped over our own feet getting a fix out for this issue ASAP – the hotfix worked, the version in mainline did not, and so it regressed when we released).

All properly, truly fixed now!

2 Likes

Hi @meredydd, I don’t know if this is related, but I’m now getting a similar issue where I try to add an app file in a new app and it tells me “To begin, please login with google”, and then says “anvil.works is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500”. The same thing happens if I try to enable emails from gmail. Is this an issue on Anvil? Thanks!