[FIXED] You may have been logged out - please refresh the page

What I’m trying to do:
I am trying to clone the Magic app example from docs.

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
When I click “Open in Anvil”, I get taken to my app list as expected but if I try to open this application specifically I get an error saying “You may have been logged out - please refresh the page.”. Could you please help?

P.S. Completely blown away by this platform, looking forward to building on it :smiley:

Thanks for reporting - easy to reproduce so i’ve moved to bug reports.

We’ll investigate and report back.

Thank you very much Stu!

Hi @wilsoncanda

Thanks very much for letting us know about this - we have now fixed the issue, so you should be able to open those apps you cloned that were previously failing.

Please let us know if you see any further problems!

I have the same issue in 2022.

How it happend: I tried out you interesting platform on Firefox, but sadly when I add an User Login to the UI, it always asks to reload the page…

So I figured it was a problem with your support of Firefox. So I tried Chrome: then it started:
When I try to open this application specifically I get an error saying “You may have been logged out - please refresh the page.”

I retried on Firefox, and sadly now the same message there.

Can you fix this issues? Or can you give me a workaround?
(sorry for responding on an old issue, apparently I cant open a new one as a new registered)

Welcome to the Forum!

By design, forum users can’t create new issues in Bug Reports. We raise questions in topic Q&A, and then, if Anvil decides it’s a bug, they move it to Bug Reports.

I encourage you to post to Q&A, with a concrete list of steps to recreate the problem.