[FIXED] Email Integration Error

We’re using AWS Simple Email Service to send our emails from Anvil. Our emails initiated from our end (ex. an order confirmation) are being sent successfully. It looks like Anvil initiated emails (password reset emails) are also trying to use our AWS SES settings and failing with the following error:

SendFailure: 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: Stantt-Wholesale Accounts <accounts@qq4abblxmvtbzrwe.anvil.app>...
. You have enabled Custom SMTP for email sending - did you configure it correctly?
at , line 1

How do we get the Anvil initiated emails to use their own email service or update the from/sending email address/domain? I think either option may resolve the issue. We are using our own domain with our Anvil app.

Thank you,

Jeff

In the email service if you have a domain connected is should automagically have the default sender domain set to your domain.

That being said, I’ve seen confirmation emails coming from the anvil app name address even with a custom domain set up.

Edit: Just to confirm that I also see this issue. Here is my configuration in email.

And here is an email I just received with the wrong domain:

And here is the function on the server side that is doing the emailing:

def send_error_email(message):
  anvil.email.send(from_name="agaar.mongol.ai", 
                 to="robert@mongol.ai", 
                 subject="Scheduled Task Error",
                 text=message)

I’m going to edit the function to specify from_address="no-reply@agaar.mongol.ai" and will report back if it works. But this wouldn’t help for a password reset email using the built in user management.

Hi Robert, thank you for verifying the issue!

Hi @jeff and @robert,

That’s a bug, moving to bug reports!

We’ve identified and fixed the bug, and the change will go live in the next few days :slight_smile:

1 Like