[FIXED] Apps don't load in some devices

My apps have been working very well without any issue via public link for a while.
Suddenly, some devices which used to access the apps fine can’t load them any more (Chrome - private tab, Safari). The spinner does appear and is there forever.

Apps run well in other devices.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’m having the same issue as well. An app that has been working well for months is suddenly unavailable to some users. They just get the spinner. Haven’t been able to isolate variables of OS, Browser, etc yet.

Behavior is occurring on more than one of my apps.

Chrome Browser on Windows 10 works fine.
Chrome Browser on iOS doesn’t work and produces infinite spinner.

I’ve had it occur this morning on Safari - but the app worked fine in Chrome.

@owen.campbell, can you describe the OS of the browsers you mention?

Not sure - it was one of my clients - but given that Safari was the problem, I’m guessing it was a Mac.

I’m starting to think it’s related to iOS.

My apps work fine from Chrome & Firefox from my Win10 machine.

My apps are not working from iOS using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari

I’ve identified iOS users who have successfully accessed my apps, but in all cases they are iOS 14.x.

The reported occurrences so far of iOS devices not connecting have all been older that iOS 14.x

Hi all - we think we’ve identified the potential cause and have shipped a fix.
Do let us know if there are any other problems.

1 Like

Working now. Thank you so much for the fast response.

Are you able to share a general description of what was the issue?

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello @dalford,

Thanks for confirming that it is now fixed. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

In our deployment of a more recent version of the open-source Skulpt library, which Anvil depends on, we found an incompatibility with some older browsers. This has now been fixed to maintain backwards-compatibility.

Many thanks for your patience while we got this sorted out!

1 Like