Double clicking on column separator doesn't reset column width

Here is a little bug with the UI:

Double clicking on the column separator of a column panel doesn’t reset the container column widths (see here for the expected result).

https://anvil.works/build#clone:2YSKGGRP7UOQ6ZMG=MP6QTWMPOYXBXRCOEDGV2O2L

The problem doesn’t reproduce after deleting the second column panel or deleting a data grid from inside it or some repeating panel or I don’t know what else.

Thanks for the clone link - I can confirm it does not work first time in that app. I find that if you double click a few times, the column widths do reset. I think there’s something specific about this app that’s got it into this state - I’m failing to recreate a similar situation in a fresh app. Are you seeing this often or just in this case?

Moving to bug reports.

I only saw this problem on this form.
The original form was much bigger and it happened in many places. I deleted as much as I could while keeping it reproducible.
After a few attempt deleting stuff inside child forms and seeing the problem disappear, I decided to stop digging and report the problem.
I will let you know if I see it again.

1 Like

Perhaps a problem with large Forms then (that persists when they’re subsequently made smaller). Thanks for the information :slight_smile:

Or with nested forms?
Well, not really, because I tried creating a new nested form and I couldn’t reproduce it.