Design tab blank after git push

Something happened and the Design tab for my forms is now showing as blank. (!) The Code tab appears as normal, but there’s nothing visible in the Design tab except the invisible components, two timers. I can’t add any new components to the visible design either. It’s just like an abyss (to use a technical term).

As best I can tell, it occurred after I added a docs folder (to hold GitHub Pages files) and a LICENSE file to my git repository and then pushed the updated repository to Anvil. But attempting to restore earlier versions in various ways has not solved the problem. Any ideas?

edit: I’m not aware of doing anything to fix it but everything is working fine in the app IDE now. The Design tab is back to normal.

Thanks for letting us know, an abyss is definitely not the intended design, so moving to Bug Reports.

Could you let us know a few things to help us investigate?

• The App ID (the bit after the # when you have the app open in the Editor, e.g. app:XFANTYJAKBVC5VX5 )
  • The name and date of the commit in the version history that the app was at when it was broken
  • The time and date that you saw the issue
  • What browser you’re using

Sure:

• app:E6HFYSK4HHRI7BTC
  • I saw the issue around 9:10am Central US time on Mar. 19. (The issue persisted after the subsequent two commits that evening, the second of which being: But then it was working again in the morning, before making further commits.
  • I use Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.
1 Like

That’s great, thanks again, we’ll look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I discovered something about what the problem was. I use a Chrome extension called Privacy Badger, and it was blocking the domain: e6hfysk4hhri7btc.anvil.app. When I set it to stop blocking that (but still blocking any associated cookies), the IDE design pane works again.

This is not the whole story, though, because the same extension blocks the corresponding url on a closely related app (the production version, as opposed to the development version where the issue arose) and the IDE design pane works fine for that app.

1 Like

Very interesting, thanks - that’ll really help us work out how to fix it.

I came to this question, because I had same problem, maybe this solution (cleare storage) could help someone else: https://stackoverflow.com/a/55762487/4095903

I am have a similar Issue the Design Tab for my forms are showing blank, I was busy with in the code tab and when i clicked back to the design Tab it was all blank. I tried closing the Application and reopening it, also closed the browser and reopened the app.

• app:O25SKKVYOQLMMMLC
  • Edited Homepage 15:55 on the 15 Sep 2020
  • First saw it at around 14:00
  • Chrome on Windows 10

Hi @murray.sys,

A few questions for you to help us work out what the issue is:

1. Does your app load ok when opened from the Published link (public or private)?
  2. Are you using any Chrome Extensions?