Copy and Paste update

I am not sure if I just missed this feature update but I am absolutely LOVING the copy and paste feature for components in the Designer… Sooooo much time saved.

Thank you Anvil Team!!

3 Likes

Hi @rickhurlbatt

I’m glad you’re enjoying it. It’s actually been there for several years, so that’s entirely our fault for not making it more obvious! Will make a note of that!

3 Likes

Being new to Anvil, I like the copy and paste feature as well… I guess I don’t know how spoiled I am compared to when it wasn’t available!

As a suggestion to make copy and paste even better and if you’re taking any feature improvements, it would be nice to copy and paste multiple elements in the same existing format. For example, if I have a Label Component on the left and a Text Box component on the right, all nested within a Column Panel, it would be nice if I could select both the left and right components, copy them and paste/duplicate them into the same Column Panel with all the properties, sizing, alignment and formatting preserved. This would be a great addition to an already good feature!

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi @benwhut, if you copy and paste the container the components are in, it will paste as it was copied. Anvil for the Win :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ahhh, good to know. Thanks for helping out the noooob! :sweat_smile: