[CLOSED] Browser tab icon

Can I change the icon that appears on the browser tab? It’s currently a blue circle with (what I assume to be) a white anvil.

This is for an app with its own domain.

Moved to Feature Requests. Yes, this is something we will support soon!

In the meantime, there is a workaround, by putting a piece of Javascript into your HTML panel. (If you want to DIY, here is a StackOverflow link - otherwise, just hang tight :slight_smile: )

1 Like

was this ever added yet?

Changing metadata for browser tab and social media display is now implemented.

Specifically, you can set an icon, title and description for your app.

6 Likes

Awesome. This is very exciting :slight_smile:. Keep up the good work!

On a related note, will these options be changeable from python during runtime too? Something like anvil.app.title = "The New Hotness" style of thing?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Just tried the “Titles and Logos…” menu option and nothing happens. Using latest version of Chrome.

For reasons that are causing a forehead-shaped dent in my desk at the moment, we’re seeing intermittent autosave issues in that dialog. (Normally, as you know, everything you do in Anvil is saved as soon as you do it.)

Try closing the dialog and pressing Ctrl+S to force a save, then reloading your published URL - do you see the update then?

1 Like

Works now. I had to close my app, logout, login and reopen.

I ran into this today. Only after re-re-saving the logo and republishing, logging out/in, the logo appeared as a favicon.

BTW You might want to document that the logo is used for the favicon as well. Also that one should clear the browser cache to see the favicon.