[Beta] Add look and feel setting to hide code snippets

So, I never use the Code Snippets section. I prefer to hide it, and always click to hide it when opening a form’s code for editing.

With the Beta editor and the new Account look and feel section, it’d be great if there were an option in there to hide the code snippets section by default. That’d save a ton of clicks and micro-annoyances for people who don’t want to see if unless they need it.

4 Likes

This one is coming! The code snippets pane will remember its state in the same way that the Bottom Panel does. Watch this space!

3 Likes

Currently the Code Snippets section in the code view seems to share the same hide/unhide state as the Toolbar/Properties in the Design view. (When I hide Code Snippets, then the Properties are hidden the next time I look at the Design view. So I click to show the Properties, but then the Code Snippets are in the way again when I next look at the Code view.) I hope this will not be the case going forward because I almost always want to see the Properties while in Design view but almost never want to see the Code Snippets.

This will indeed not be the case going forward :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It appears (to me, at least) that in the beta IDE code snippets doesn’t remember being hidden. Am I doing something wrong, or has this functionality not made it to the beta yet?

fwiw, I never use the code snippets panel, and want to hide it permanently. With screen real estate at a premium in the IDE, this has become a surprisingly big nuisance.

2 Likes

This is not a huge deal for me, but just bumping this lest it get lost. I don’t think the code snippets bar remembers its state, and I do think it still shares the same hide/unhide state as the Toolbar/Properties in the Design view.

2 Likes