À La Carte Subcontractors Accounts

Problem:
I want to e x p a n d the talent pool that I can draw from to complete anvil tasks (Upwork, Toptal, etc…) without having to pay significantly more for a business account, or, use free tools. (Thanks to @mark.breuss, and @owen.campbell, for pointing out these options)

Preview Work Link For Potential Subcontractors
Could post this link to Upwork for a given job. Freelancers could then preview the Anvil app they would be working on (and also the IDE they would be working with as a consequence).

This preview link feature, would be free for all accounts. Only when a subcontractor has signed a contract, then I would buy the necessary subcontractor account.

Fine Grained Permissions:
Credit to @mark.breuss for this.
“Who can merge into master? Publishing? Change Environments…
Enabling Pull requests would be a killer feature for larger projects as well.”

Financial Incentive For Anvil
A stupendously huge beneficial side-effect that this would have for Anvil, is free advertising to the wider developer community, and direct revenue from some small fee for having À La Carte Subcontractors Accounts.

Pricing:
Going from $50 a month to $300 a month is quite a jump, and why do that if I only need one feature from the business plan?
I’m thinking something like $50 a month + $20 a month per collaborator account would be reasonable.

5 Likes

Hi @nathanguyette,

what you are asking should already be possible.

You could create a freelancer@nathan email, add it to your anvil team and send the credentials to your freelancer. Then add him as collaborator for the respective project. Not sure which plan is required for permissions though.

After the job is done - change password and the seat is ready for the next job.

One thing I would certainly love to see is more fine grained permission control. Who can merge into master? Publishing? Change Environments…
Enabling Pull requests would be a killer feature for larger projects as well.
But I got a feeling this is something that anvil.central will want as well.

Greetings - Mark

4 Likes

Ahh yes, I guess I didn’t know about that because I’m on the “Individual” plan right now for “Solo” projects. Anvil | Pricing Plans

Something that would be nice is to have the ability to add collaborator accounts, without all the other features of the Business plan.

Going from $50 a month to $300 a month is quite a jump, and why do that if I only need one feature from the business plan?

I’m thinking something like $50 a month + $20 a month per collaborator account would be reasonable.

1 Like

I’ve used private repositories at github and gitlab to do contracting work for customers on the individual plan. It works well.

3 Likes

Thank you for that suggestion!

I would like to use the Anvil platform as a point of collaboration, but I just don’t want to have to pay for all the other business account features that I wouldn’t use.